Our Soil Moisture Sensor measures soil moisture tension and soil temperature within the soil. It uses a resistive granular matrix element to accurately measure the matric water potential (soil moisture tension) in the soil and a thermistor based temperature element to measure temperature.
- Safe to use in both hot and freezing temperatures
- Reports matric potential (soil water tension) which is the best indicator of water availability in the soil.
- Moisture readings in centibar and kPa
- 0 to 240 centibar (kPA)
- Will not dissolve in soil
- Internally compensated for commonly found salinity levels
- Easy to install and use compared to traditional tensiometers
- Stainless steel electrodes
- No maintenance required
- Temperature reading